List:       exmh-users
Subject:    Re: "Content-length" problem with nmh
From:       Ben Escoto <bescoto () stanford ! edu>
Date:       1997-10-29 19:23:50

  Jim> nmh does not use Content-Length, and so has problems with lines
  Jim> beginning with "From ".  Usually, this results in an
  Jim> incorrectly split message with one or two lines missing.
  Jim> Sometimes, though, (when the line after the "From " is blank,
  Jim> may also depend on the length of the "From " line), nmh goes
  Jim> completely bonkers.

	I'm not sure I understand the problem, do you need to get your
mail from a mailbox into MH folders?  The procmail distribution
includes a utility called 'formail' that supports Content-Length.  So,
if inc was giving you problems, switch to formail + procmail.  You may
want to go this even if inc wasn't giving you problems.

--
Ben Escoto
PGP/MIME mail welcome - finger bescoto@leland.stanford.edu for key