List:       exmh-users
Subject:    Better display of multipart/alternative messages
From:       Chris Siebenmann <cks () hawkwind ! utcs ! toronto ! edu>
Date:       1997-08-28 21:08:09

(This may have been fixed since 1.6.7, which I'm still using since it
 works nicely and I haven't had time to upgrade.)

 In 1.6.7 multipart/alternative messages are handled by showing the last
alternative that exmh thinks it can handle somehow, even if this is by
an external program (such as feeding html to a web browser). This means
that if I receive a m/alternative message with text and html parts, exmh
will display the message just as a 'click here to start web browser'
button when it could show me the plain text version inline.

 It would be nice if there was some way to better control this, either
by having exmh prefer alternatives that it could handle inline or just
by giving the user a way to specify a preferred order.

	- cks