List:       exmh-users
Subject:    exmh #2 ????
From:       "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" <bsa () kf8nh ! wariat ! org>
Date:       1995-08-29 14:16:16

In your message of Tue, 29 Aug 1995 12:18:46 PDT, you write:
+-----
| >   Recently, my file system became full which caused an error when I
| >exited from exmh. Now, whenever I start exmh, its X name is set to "exmh
| >#2". Normally this would happen if another exmh process was already
| >running - but there aren't any.
|
| I've seen the same problem under Solaris 2.3 w/OW; Tk 4.0; exmh 1.6.[12].
| The only way I've found to make it go away is to restart the display
| manager.  I haven't figured out exactly what makes it happen, but hacking
+--->8

Tk (it's not under Exmh's control) didn't remove its registration entry from
the database stored on the root window when it exited; this database is how
Tk's "send" command knows what programs can accept "send"s, and each intance
of a given program gets a new name so only one prgram will ever be listening
with a particular name.  I'd be tempted to suggest running this problem by
comp.lang.tcl instead of the Exmh mailing list...

++Brandon
--
Brandon S. Allbery	Linux & Solaris 2 hack; ham; soccer nut; pipe smoker
bsa@kf8nh.wariat.org	APK Net Ltd. *is* The Internet in Northern Ohio