List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: [Exim] returning mail to mail boxes
From:       Phil Pennock <Phil.Pennock () globnix ! org>
Date:       2000-08-31 12:23:36

On 2000-08-30 at 20:51 +0100, Matthew Sackman gifted us with:
> I'm pretty much a newbie, though I have done programming under other
> platforms. I've read pretty much all the exim documentation and have
> checked the FAQs and the archives, but I still can't figure this one out!

Coo, let's play chase the FAQ references!

I initially thought FAQ 0308.  But then saw 0318.

Q0318: How can I route mail for user X@local to a smarthost if X
       doesn't exist on the local host?
A0318: See A0428.

Q0428: How can I route mail for user X@local to a smarthost if X
       doesn't exist on the local host?
A0428: This is the same question as Q0402. The duplication is a bug in
       the FAQ.

Q0402: How do I configure Exim to send all messages to a central server?

A0402: This implies that you are not doing any local deliveries at all.
       Set
         local_domains =
       in the configuration file. This specifies that there are no
       local domains (by default your host name is set up as a local
       domain). Then all addresses are non-local - A0302 tells you how
       to deal with them.

And 0302 is about using a smarthost.

Uhm, see FAQ 0308, which explains it.  If you need help expressing the
list of local users, ask again for help.  :^)
--
"We've got a patent on the conquering of a country through the use of force.
 We believe in world peace through extortionate license fees."  -Bluemeat