List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: [Exim] How to force sender to reply-to?
From:       Phil Pennock <Phil.Pennock () globnix ! org>
Date:       2000-08-30 15:16:01

On 2000-08-30 at 12:08 +0100, Daniel Graham gifted us with:
> How do I make all my mail appear to come from the bt account?
>
> i.e. - the "From" line should read "From: myaccount@btconnect.com" - but the
> reply to
> address should be the actual one .. i.e

> Any suggestions appreciated - sorry if this is too newbie...

Are you sure that it's the RFC 822 message-headers "From: " which needs
to be myaccount@btconnect.com ?  Not just the RFC 821 Envelope From?

What happens if you do:
-----------------------------< cut here >-------------------------------
$ telnet smarthost.domain 25
[ banner ]
HELO whatever
MAIL FROM:<myaccount@btconnect.com>
RCPT TO:<phil.pennock@globnix.org>
DATA
From: danny@malinsystems.com
To: Helpful idjit <phil.pennock@globnix.org>
Subject: Test

foo
.

If I receive that, then you need to set "errors_to" on the relevant
director, so that the Envelope From gets re-written.
--
"We've got a patent on the conquering of a country through the use of force.
 We believe in world peace through extortionate license fees."  -Bluemeat