List:       exim-users
Subject:    [Exim] exim and dialup mta MX 5
From:       Julien Mabillard <jum () cw ! span ! ch>
Date:       2000-08-30 14:02:03

jello,
i use exim and i see a problem with some customers that have a dialup mail
server. They are registered as MX 5 in our DNS and our mail server is MX 10.

Usually, all mail sent to them is queued until the remote dialup mail server
makes an ETRN. But with Exim, when an email is sent to, it comes back on the
right to the sender saying "retry time not reached for any host".

In the documentation, they say exim is not good at storing temporary this
kind of stuff until an ETRN occurs, but is there a way to do so ?

(when i do an exinext, I see however some sufficient retry times)

Thank you very much for your help.

Julien Mabillard.