List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: [Exim] need help with smart host/satellite system
From:       Philip Hazel <ph10 () cus ! cam ! ac ! uk>
Date:       1999-09-27 9:04:14

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> I set up exim.conf to have all mail that is delivered for it to be
> forwarded on to another mail server.
>
> But I got a "Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender" message
> with the following:
>
>   reed@wcug.wwu.edu:
>     SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:
>     <reed@wcug.wwu.edu>:
>     host reedmedia.net [209.241.86.6]:
>     553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)
>
> This happened when I attempted to use "sendmail -t" to send to
> reed@wcug.wwu.edu.

That error means that the remote host refused to accept your message.
Since reedmedia.net isn't in the MX list for wcug.wwu.edu, I presume
your configuration is forcing delivery to that host. If that is really
what you want, you need to talk to the management of reedmedia.net and
find out why it doesn't like you.

ph10@cus.cam.ac.uk      Cambridge, England. Phone: +44 1223 334714.