List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: [Exim] Address rewriting and local deliveries
From:       Jor-el <jorel () marvin ! megadodo ! umb>
Date:       1999-09-25 14:19:21

On Sat, 25 Sep 1999, kari wrote:

> I have dial-up connection to my ISP and need to rewrite addresses going to
> the ISP. I have enabled the example rule in exim.conf, i.e.
>
> *@localdomain   ${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/email-addresses}\
>                 {$value}fail} frsF
>
> and set appropriate 'real' addresses in /etc/email-addresses.
>
> However, this rewrites also the addresses for local deliveries in my LAN,
> which causes local replies to be unnecessarily routed via ISP. Is there a
> way to distinguish between local and remote deliveries and use this for
> rewriting rules in exim.conf?

Kari,

	Read the FAQ. There is a question in the FAQ that addresses your
problem. Essentially, you have to run two exim daemons : one that rewrites
the addresses, and one that doesnt. The one that doesnt rewrite, does
local network deliveries and passes all non-local network destined mails
to the second daemon.

Regards,
Jor-el

Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be
sorry.
		-- Maek Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar"