List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: [Exim] Question about ORBS and the validity thereof
From:       G.E.Fowler () lboro ! ac ! uk
Date:       1999-07-29 8:23:45

On 29-Jul-99 Mark Murray wrote:
>> ORBS doesnt try to list only "illegitate" mail hosts, it lists any
<snip>
> What the site says and what they do are different.

In our experience it seems that ORBS actively probe machines/netblocks
whether you like it or not. We recently tightened up the policy on rogue
mailers on the campus and ever since have noticed frequent scans from
relaytest.orbs.org to various machines which have at one time or
another landed the domain in the blacklist.

IMHO they're a bit of a pain, but a necessary one. I guess if you have
all your mailers tied down then there's nothing to worry about...

Graeme
--
Graeme Fowler
Network Officer, Infrastructure & Networks Group