List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: [Exim] Secondary MX server rejecting mail immediately v2.11
From:       Philip Hazel <ph10 () cus ! cam ! ac ! uk>
Date:       1999-07-27 8:44:04

On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, Martin Stewart wrote:

> I run a mail server that is secondary MX for a customer. The theory
> is that is their mail will sit with us if their mail system goes down.
>
> As I understand it however our exim will reject incoming mail for
> servers that have been down for a long time. Whereas I would like
> to accept that mail, queue it and eventually deliver it if the retry
> time allows.

I find that paragraph contradictory! "If the retry time allows" is the
opposite of "have been down for a long time", which really means "have
exceeded the maximum retry time".

> I am getting "retry time not reached for any host after a long failure
> period".

Just set a long maximum retry time for that domain. Weeks, months,
however long you are prepared to hang on to it for.

ph10@cus.cam.ac.uk      Cambridge, England. Phone: +44 1223 334714.