List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: [EXIM] glibc 2 && exim 1.92: Problems with signals
From:       Andreas Jaeger <aj () arthur ! rhein-neckar ! de>
Date:       1998-05-27 17:42:44

 > On Mon, 18 May 1998, Philip Hazel wrote:
>> On Fri, 15 May 1998, Mark Baker wrote:
>>
>> > I would have though using sigaction on all the systems that support it, and
>> > whatever exim currently does on the old ones that don't would be the best
>> > solution.
>>
>> Indeed. Yes, thanks for that suggestion. I will do that.

 > I have done this work, and it seems to be OK on the systems I have
 > tried, though I do not have access to a Linux with the new libc.
 > Therefore, it would be helpful if somebody could run a little test
 > program on such a system. If anybody feels like running it on any other
 > OS and letting me know what happens, please feel free. Instructions for
 > running the test are:

It works for me with glibc 2 (glibc 2.1 snapshot and glibc 2.0.7
development version) on Linux:
$ ./a.out
Testing restarting signal; wait for handler message, then type a line
Used SA_RESTART
SIGALRM handler run
This is my input
Read: This is my input
Testing non-restarting signal; should read no data after handler message
Used sigaction() with flags = 0
SIGALRM handler run
No data read
Testing load averages
cpu time = 0.00 load average not available

Thanks,
Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger   aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de    jaeger@informatik.uni-kl.de