List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: Config for multiple domains
From:       Daniel Ryde <ryde () tripnet ! se>
Date:       1997-10-31 17:18:35

On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, Jon Peatfield wrote:

> Has anyone got a really simple example configuration which handles multiple
> domains?  I just want to verify that I'm not about to deliver all our mail to
> the wrong destinations, so I want to compare what I wrote based on reading the
> spec with something known to work.

# Add this in exim main configuration:
local_domains = dbm;/etc/mail/domains

# Add this at the top of exim directors configuration:
virtual:
  domains = dbm;/etc/mail/domains,
  driver = aliasfile,
  more = false;
  file = /etc/mail/$domain,
  search_type = lsearch

Then make a dir /etc/mail, there make a file domains containing the domain
names. For example:

# File: domains.txt
bar.com
pub.com

Run the command:
  exim_dbmbuild /etc/mail/domains.txt /etc/mail/domains

Then in /etc/mail create an aliasfile for each domain:

# File: bar.com
foo:		foo
foo.someuser:	foo
foo1:		foo1