List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: A few problems
From:       Tom <tom () sdf ! com>
Date:       1997-10-04 1:18:56

On Fri, 3 Oct 1997, Jay Denebeim wrote:

> 3) The postmaster of the 'from' site of the spam.
>
> #3 is in case they want to go after the spammer for defamation or
> whatever.

  Please don't do that either.  Be assurred that such a site will deluged
with complaints.  I've been there.  A domain I work for was used on one of
those "numbered" spams (random numeric local part).  Such sites have been
punished enough, and yet another e-mail to "just to let them know" isn't
going to accomplish much over to overload their mail resources futher.

> * Jay Denebeim  Moderator       rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated *
> * newsgroup submission address: b5mod@deepthot.cary.nc.us         *
> * moderator contact address:    b5mod-request@deepthot.cary.nc.us *
> * personal contact address:     denebeim@deepthot.cary.nc.us      *
>

> --