List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: Reverse dns checking for local machine
From:       "Dr. Rich Artym" <rartym () galacta ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       1997-08-30 23:18:27

In message <m0x257B-00076uC@most.weird.com>, Greg A. Woods writes:

> I've started a campaign to have all dial-up providers lock their
> customers into only the provider's mail gateway by way of filtering all
> port-25 connects from the dial-up ports (in conjunction of course with
> IP anti-spoof filters).

You have got to be kidding.

Why not take it to its logical conclusion, and keep those dastardly
customers from having any direct access to the Internet at all?  Then
it would be wonderfully easy to keep the population doing only what
those with the power to control ISPs want, instead of posting their
dodgy GIFs or doing subversive things like pointing the finger at
corrupt politicians ... wow, you'll be a hero, the government will
love you to bits.

> Some providors are vehemently opposed to my campaign.

I wonder why ... ;-)

Rich.
--
###########  Dr. Rich Artym  ================  PGP public key available