List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: db_open undefined
From:       Scotty Logan <scotty () zinc ! oucs ! ox ! ac ! uk>
Date:       1997-08-27 18:36:14

Patrick Schoppenhorst wrote
> 	I've just downloaded exim 1.70 and am trying to link it with
> berkeleys db 2.3. and get down to the exim_dbmbuild and get db_open
> undefined by ld.  Any ideas what I goofed up on.  this is a sun box
> running solaris 2.5.1.  I've checked the libs and I've set USE_DB =
> YES in the Local/Makefile.  Anything esle I could be missing.  I
> know the problem is on my end but I'm not really sure where.

I've built exim with a shared version of Berkeley DB 2.x using the Sun
C compiler (v4.0) and had to add the following to Local/Makefile:

CC=cc
INCLUDE += -I/usr/local/include
LIBS += -R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -ldb

If you're using gcc -R may have a different name.  If you've got a
static version of libdb you don't need the -R...

HTH

  Scotty

--
Scotty Logan, Unix Systems Programmer, mailto:scotty.logan@oucs.ox.ac.uk
Oxford University Computing Services, 13 Banbury Road, Oxford UK OX2 6NN

         Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway