List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: Trouble with Berkeley DB
From:       Philip Hazel <ph10 () cus ! cam ! ac ! uk>
Date:       1997-08-22 8:26:50

On Thu, 21 Aug 1997, Skye Merlin Poier wrote:

> I've compiled exim with USE_DB, and I've built a small, simple dbm
> table with the makemap utility provided with sendmail 8.8.5.  However,
> ${lookup}'s are failing miserably with the database. Any ideas? I'm probably
> doing something stupid.

Have you tried using the exim_dbmbuild utility provided with Exim? I
don't know how makemap works, but I do understand exim_dbmbuild. :-)

Did you get a test working with lsearch first? That is a useful way of
checking that you are doing what you think you are before turning the
file into a DBM file.

ph10@cus.cam.ac.uk             New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
P.Hazel@ucs.cam.ac.uk          England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714