List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: temporary addresses and spam blocking
From:       Warner Losh <imp () village ! org>
Date:       1997-06-30 15:31:44

In message <Pine.SOL.3.96.970630095358.26054a-100000@taurus.cus.cam.ac.uk> Philip Hazel writes:
: I am saddened to learn that Cyber Promotions is removing ".nospam". What
: do they expect to gain from doing that? The existence of ".nospam" on an
: address is pretty good evidence that the owner of the address doesn't
: want any spam, is not going to respond to it, and may do things that are
: detrimental to Cyber Promotions, like try to get them closed down. There
: seems no logic in this unless they are paid by the number of email
: addresses they claim to be mailing to.

We can't even get them to stop fludding us with biff packets because
their machines are badly misconfigured.  We've tried everything that
we can think of to do this.  I too want to see them shutdown.

Warner