List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: Problem with local delivery
From:       Philip Hazel <ph10 () cus ! cam ! ac ! uk>
Date:       1996-11-14 15:08:58

On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, Alex Sharaz wrote:

> The problem that I have is that I'm having to run the exim daemon as root
> whereas I'd rather run it as the user that services the IMAP4 message store.

Can't you just define EXIM_UID in the build-time configuration? Or have
I missed something?

> The machine I'm running the s/w on uses our NIS database so although users
> aren't allowed to log onto it, any NIS queries do get resolved. As a result of
> this, if I set up exim to deliver as the IMAP4 user it always tries to cd into
> my home directory even though I'm trying to pipe the mail message to an IMAP4
> deliver program

Lost you there. If it's running as the IMAP4 user, why does it go to
*your* home directory?

> my local delivery transport looks like
>
> local_delivery:
>   driver = pipe;
>   command = "/usr/local/simserver/sbin/cyrus-deliver ${lc:${local_part}}",
>   delivery_date_add,
>   return_output,
>   prefix="",
>   pipe_as_creator

If you want to specify the directory it should cd to before running the
pipe, just specify "directory" on that transport.

> Is there any way I can tell exim NOT to look at NIS prior to delivery but to
> for a persons home directory etc?

Sorry, I'm afraid I don't understand that question. Can you explain a
bit more, please?

ph10@cus.cam.ac.uk             New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
P.Hazel@ucs.cam.ac.uk          England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714