List:       exim-users
Subject:    [exim] 4.94 - De-tainting without lookup?
From:       Alexander Hoff via Exim-users <exim-users () exim ! org>
Date:       2020-07-06 11:31:13

I have heard of the problem with this tainted function many times. Configurations \
that worked for a long time are now broken due to the minor update.

Above all, I have the impression that the documentation is not sufficient. I think it \
would be a good idea if one of the developers would be able to publish solutions for \
a migration from typical configurations that were previously valid to the \
configurations currently required.
Let's take a typical transport such as:

local_delivery:
  driver = appendfile
  directory = /home/$â–¶local_part{/.maildir

or a router with multi-domain support like

virtual_aliases:
  driver = redirect
  domains = lsearch; /etc/exim/virtual_domains
  data = $ {lookup{$ local_part}lsearch{/etc/exim/$domain/aliases}}
  no_more

This router will no longer work with Exim 4.94, too (IMHO).

What's about a transport for procmail, for example:

procmail:
  driver = pipe
  command = "/ usr / bin / procmail -d $ local_part"
  return_path_add
  delivery_date_add
  envelope_to_add
  user = $ local_part