List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: [exim] Sending out the mail from different transport if there exist error at a particular transp
From:       Chris Knadle <Chris.Knadle () coredump ! us>
Date:       2013-03-01 20:40:17

On Friday, March 01, 2013 05:03:43, soumya tr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a transport which performs BSMTP :
>

> -------------------
> mytransport:
>    driver = pipe
>    use_bsmtp = true
>    command = /usr/sbin/exim -bS -oMr abc-checked
>    transport_filter = /usr/lib/asd/exim_sa_client.pl --senderip
> $sender_host_address --mailfrom $sender_address
>    home_directory = "/tmp"
>    current_directory = "/tmp"
>    user = mailnull
>    group = mail
>    log_output = true
>    return_fail_output = true
>    return_path_add = false
> -------------------

Above you've set use_bsmtp but without setting batch_max which defaults to 1
(no batching).

Item 10 in section 47 of the manual has an example of using BSMTP:
   http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-smtp_processing.html

And batch_max is described in section 25:
   http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-address_batching_in_local_transports.html

> But at times I get errors like:
>
> ------------------
> 2013-02-28 15:30:54 1UB5Rc-000amX-VH <xxx@hotmail.com>: mytransport
> transport output: An error was detected while processing a file of BSMTP
> input.
> ------------------
>
> Is there any way I can send the mail via another transport if the above
> given transport gives an error.

If you look at the example in item 10 of section 47 of the manual it describes
limiting BSMTP use to specific domains via the router.  I'm guessing that this
is what you might end up needing to do.  [I'm not using BSMTP, so I'm not very
familiar with this option.]

  -- Chris

--
Chris Knadle