List:       exim-users
Subject:    [exim] [Admin] Misuse of spam reports
From:       Graeme Fowler <graeme () graemef ! net>
Date:       2011-12-29 19:13:46

Folks

We've had a complaint from a technically literate, helpful, friendly member of the \
list that they are receiving feedback loop reports from one of the 500lb gorilla \
freemail providers.

These show that a subscriber to this list is clicking "this is spam" on list \
messages.

Whilst this function might have the same effect as "delete" it also cascades a bunch \
of actions behind the scenes which can result in innocent third parties being \
blacklisted.

If those third parties are helpful types then the outcome hurts the whole list.

On behalf of the list's moderation team I say:

DON'T DO IT. IT'S RUDE AND UNPRODUCTIVE.

Save the spam button for spam. If you don't want list mail any more, unsubscribe.

If we receive any further complaints we will unsubscribe the offending account \
without further warning.

Season's Greetings to all,

Graeme.