List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: [exim] Using Active Directory to verify recipient addresses
From:       Jeremy Harris <jgh () wizmail ! org>
Date:       2011-02-18 0:40:54

On 2011-02-17 02:12, Mike Bordignon (GMI) wrote:

> Hello
>
> I've been using Exim for a while to verify recipient addresses via AD.
>
> Recently I've discovered I don't need to hard code the GC address, and
> instead I can use
>
> ${lookup dnsdb{srv=_gc._tcp.domain.org}{$value}fail}
>
> Now this isn't working particularly well. It seems I need to extract the
> hostname and port (3268) from the DNS SRV reply.
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how I'd achieve this?
> Google has found two pages where
>
> others have tried this in the past, but they don't seem to work for me.
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/exim-users@exim.org/msg20960.html
>
> http://lists.exim.org/lurker/message/20061004.114648.76f354a4.en.html

Not tried this route, but how about:

1) an infrequent lookup as above, plus a bit of string manipulation,
all using a custom exim.conf and writing another file, which....

2) is .included in your main config to provide a macro used in
setting ldap_default_servers

(working on the dictum that all problems in computing can be
solved with one more level of indirection)

--
Cheers,
    Jeremy