List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: [exim] Number of connections from a host
From:       "Eli" <e.sand+exim-users () elisand ! com>
Date:       2010-01-21 19:10:18

Marc wrote:
> Is there a variable that I can read to determine the number of
> concurrent connections from the host IP the current process is connected
> to?

Wouldn't this always be "1"?  The individual process that is handling a
particular message will always have just a single connection to a remote
system - it doesn't make sense for it to have more than one.  Perhaps you
mean is there a variable to show how many connections are currently made by
a single remote host to the parent handling process?  That information
wouldn't be possible to get (especially accurately), since the connection
gets handed off to the child (via a fork, thus the parent really has no idea
if the connection still exists... just that the child process still exists),
let alone which remote system has made the connection.  This could be wrong
though - it's from my limited experience writing a daemon about 3 years ago
:(

Eli.