List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: [exim] Recipient Verification
From:       Heiko Schlittermann <hs () schlittermann ! de>
Date:       2009-06-19 12:09:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

David Chait <David.Chait@demandtec.com> (Fr 19 Jun 2009 00:41:22 CEST):
> How would I configure Exim to verify recipients for inbound mail against the \
> delivery smarthost prior to delivering?

Depending on your ACL setup you need something like

    verify = recipient/callout

I'd recommend consulting the specs about further options (as
``defer_ok'', ``use_sender'', random tests, timeouts, caching, etc.)

This verification steps uses your router configuration and establishes a
short SMTP session to the (delivery) host. This session ends after
reading the response to "RCPT TO: <...>". So expect more inbound
connections on your internal mail server.

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -