List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: [exim] Change outgoing smtp port
From:       "Eli Sand" <exim-users () elisand ! com>
Date:       2008-03-31 16:51:43

> My provider has blocked port 25 for outgoing SMTP and I need to send
emails
> out from the server. How do i go around it? Can i change the default SMTP
> outgoing port? How can i do it?

AFAIK, the *outgoing* port when you send email is a random port picked by
your system.  I believe you mean your provider has blocked outgoing requests
*TO* port 25.  There is nothing you can do in this case unless the people
you send email to have alternative ports open (or as suggested, you proxy
your connections).

Eli.