List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: [exim] Which other services do this?
From:       Phil Pennock <exim-users () spodhuis ! org>
Date:       2008-03-29 1:11:33

On 2008-03-28 at 19:11 -0500, Robert Nicholson wrote:
> if foranyaddress $header_to:,$header_cc: ( ${domain:$thisaddress} does
> not match
>   ^elastica.com\$ )
> then
>     logwrite "mail header_from $header_from: header_to $header_to:"
> endif
>

> shows up quite a lot in my for spam but previously I was throwing this
> stuff away and hence losing responses to craigslist postings.
>
> Does anybody know which other services send you mail like this?

Mailing-lists.

You're probably only seeing replies to posts you make and missing all
the other threads.  Together with any responses sent only to the list,
not explicitly CC'ing you.

Not a service, but: the same goes for anyone with sufficient clue to not
like leaking the names of all their contacts when they send a mass-mail
and instead send it to themselves and Bcc the recipients, or send it to
an empty mail-group and Bcc it ("undisclosed-recipients:;").

-Phil