List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: [exim] Spamassassin scanning Delivery Failure Reports
From:       Ted Cooper <eximX1211 () linuxwan ! net>
Date:       2008-03-28 14:15:24

Onur Güngören wrote:
> Hi Ted,
>
> thanks for your response. You are right was my fault, no excat conf or
> debug output. Here is my used confi - file (cutted the retry config part)
> [snip]
> domainlist spamcheck_domains = dbm;/usr/local/exim/etc/spamcheckdomains.db
> [snip]
> acl_check_data:
>
>   accept

Ouch :P  You're using the old way of doing spam scanning. The better way
to do it now days is in the DATA ACL. There are a number of guides out
there to show you how to do this.

.. but anyway, how to fix yours

> begin routers
>
> [snip]
> #SpamAssassin
> spamcheck_router:
> [snip]
>   domains = +spamcheck_domains
 >   condition = "${if and { {!def:h_X-Spam-Flag:} {!eq
 >     {$received_protocol}{spam-scanned}}} {1}{0}}"
>   transport = spamcheck
 > [snip]

I chopped it up a lot.
Anyway, your setup should be scanning all mail in either direction and
there don't seem to be any short circuits to prevent null senders, so
there goes my idea. Transport based scanning killed that possibility off
anyway.

Of course, anyone who puts X-Spam-Flag in their headers will completely
skip spam scanning. Do the bounces have this header at all?

Are the bounces spammy enough to be considered spam by SpamAssassin? You
can test it out with a copy of the spam running SA in -t test mode.

Are the target domains in +spamcheck_domains?

--
The Exim Manual
http://www.exim.org/docs.html