List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: [exim] Redirecting verbose output to a file
From:       Magnus Holmgren <holmgren () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2008-02-24 17:12:06

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On fredagen den 22 februari 2008, Mohit Tewari wrote:
> Hi,
> My set up is Debian-etch/exim4/apache2/squirrelmail
> When users compose and send messages from webmail(squirrelmail) I want to
> redirect the verbose output of exim (smtp conversation) to a file. Right
> now I see that when I use the -v option, the output is loged into the
> apache2/error.log file, I want to redirect the -v output to a different
> file.
> Appreciate any help in this regards.

This is not really an Exim question, but here's a suggestion anyway: Write a
shell script (or perl script or whatever) that runs exim and captures stderr
output to the desired file, then configure Squirrelmail to use it to send
mail.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@lysator.liu.se
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)