List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: [exim] Deliver mail to another file if quota is full
From:       Phil Pennock <exim-users () spodhuis ! org>
Date:       2007-06-08 22:08:57

On 2007-06-08 at 23:54 +0200, Bernd Kuhls wrote:
> Now I tried to implement your idea to use condition first_delivery to
> deliver to /var/mail/$user after the first deliver attempt failed but it
> does not work, bounce mails are still produced. Weirdly enough in rare
> cases a mail to an over-quota user hit /var/mail/$user, but only after
> restarting Exim when a mail was in queued state. But I do not know why
> this happens only when restarting Exim and not during normal usage.

And if you move the /var/mail/$user delivery to _above_ the long list of
normal delivery options and put the test on that one (and only that
one), inverted?

 user_var_mail:
   driver = accept
   check_local_user
   condition = ${if !first_delivery}
   headers_add = ${if !def:header_date:{Date: $tod_full}{}}
   transport = inbox_var_mail

and remove the first_delivery tests from all the others?

-Phil