List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: [exim] exim telnet problem
From:       Heiko Schlittermann <hs () schlittermann ! de>
Date:       2006-11-28 17:42:43

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

vovaNux <vovanus@ngs.ru> (Di 28 Nov 2006 11:14:36 CET):

> Here comes the problem: I am able to send e-mails from my server without
> entering login and password via telnet.   telnet mail.mydomain.com 25 mail
> from: not_exists@example.com rcpt to: another_mail@another-example.com data
> .  This allows anybody to send mails from my server. I need an urgent
> solution on how to prevent this!!!

The standard example configuration should prevent this.
Look for example.conf.gz and install it as exim.conf (or if you're using
Debian, as exim4.conf) and restart the exim process.

If you're done you may go through the config and enable exactly that
what you want...

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -