List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: [exim] Feature Request
From:       Nigel Metheringham <Nigel.Metheringham () dev ! intechnology ! co ! uk>
Date:       2006-06-23 14:24:24

On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 07:21 -0700, Marc Perkel wrote:
> I'd like to see a feature that would allow me to write data to a text
> file that would look something like this:
>
> filewrite $sender_host_address /path/to/file
>
> would be handy

Use embedded perl.
Adding that sort of operator would have real problems -
locking/concurrent access, line ends, blocking, permissions, etc etc

[or for addresses like that you could push them into a db table in an
expanded string]

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel.Metheringham@InTechnology.co.uk ]