List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: [exim] spammers IP ban
From:       David Saez Padros <david () ols ! es>
Date:       2006-02-27 14:48:01

Hi !!

> Basically, it studies logs and expect to find the string ++BAN:IP++. If it
> founds this, it stores it in a mysql database. And then, another script
> update /etc/hosts.deny according to the database.

we are doing a similar thing, but instead of having  a log parser we
directly insert the ip into a mysql database using exim builtin mysql
support, then every 5 minutes the mysql databse is dumped into a faster
cdb databse which is used by exim. Altough it would be better if exim
had built in support to insert keys/values into dbm databases as this
would make the whole process faster and would allow inmediate
availability of banned ip's

--
Best regards ....

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@ols.es
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53