List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: [exim] hotmail emails not reaching contacts
From:       "Jakob Hirsch" <jh () plonk ! de>
Date:       2006-01-30 9:48:28

xyon wrote:

> IDENT request on tcp/113.. of course most of us drop connections on any
> port we don't use, so if they don't get a response, they drop your

Why would anyone do that? DROP is a misbehaviour similar to the clueless
ICMP blocking (and breaking things like PMTU discovery) which is even done
on major sites.
Of course it's reasonable to have rate-limiting for REJECT rules, just as
for ACCEPT.

> message thinking you are someone bad. The recommended solution is to

... have an identd, even if it's only a fake one that always returns
"nobody" (like I do).