List:       exim-users
Subject:    [exim] Exim not passing messages when spam server too busy.
From:       "Frank DeChellis" <frankd () iaw ! on ! ca>
Date:       2005-05-31 15:41:22

Hi

We're using 4.44 with Exiscan on NetBSD 1.6.2 and SpamAssassin on another
system.  I want to tell our system to process the message and send it if the
spamassassin server can't process it right now.  I messed around with a few
defer commands but when I do that subscribers are getting email 3,4 and 5
times until we do process it.  when I don't do it, I get delays in
processing and a few emails takes forever to arrive.  Not many, but a few.
:-)

Below is my current setup for Exim/Exiscan for Spamassassin.  What I want to
accomplish in a nutshell, if the spam server has no room to handle the
request, send the email through and do not try to scan it later.  if there
is an open slot on the spam filter, then scan it.  is this difficult to
accomplish?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Frank

accept condition = ${if >{$message_size}{50K}{1}{0}}

warn    message = X-Spam-Score: $spam_score ($spam_bar)
        spam = nobody
warn    message = X-Spam-Report: $spam_report
        spam = nobody
warn    message = Subject: *SPAM* $h_subject:
        spam = nobody
deny    message = This message scored $spam_score spam points
        spam = nobody
        condition = ${if > {$spam_score_int}{60}{1}{0}}

    accept  message       = data looks good

Frank DeChellis, President
Internet Access Worldwide
3 East Main St.  Welland, ON, Canada L3B 3W4
1-905-714-1400   http://www.iaw.com