List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: [exim] Mail forwarded from other hosts missing!
From:       Stephen Gran <steve () lobefin ! net>
Date:       2005-04-29 2:21:09

On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 10:14:10PM -0400, Shawn R. FitzGerald said:
> I currently host the mail of several virtual domains using exim4.
>
> When mail is sent from shawn@somedomain.com to shawn@hosteddomain.com, it
> comes through right away without delay.
>
> The problem into which I am running is when mail is sent from
> shawn@somedomain.com to shawn@someotherdomain.com -- an account which is
> .forwarded to shawn@hosteddomain.com.
>
> These messages never arrive.  Strangely, they never bounce back, either.
> I've checked /var/spool/exim4/msglog/ and /var/log/exim4/ and nothing
> unusual appears there.  The FAQ's don't seem to address this, the list
> archives don't seem to turn up anything, and general web searches have been
> fruitless.  I assume it has something to do with exim's routers, but I'm not
> sure what needs to be done.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

Look at the logs on somedomain.com, hosteddomain.com, and if possible
someotherdomain.com.  Post relevant snippets.  Same with the .forward on
someotherdomain.com.  My ESP is owrking poorly today, so I don't whether
the mail got to someotherdomain.com, or is still on somedomain.com, or
if it failed along the way, or what.