List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: [exim] Kaspersky AV and cyrus imap
From:       Heiko Schlichting <exim-users () CIS ! FU-Berlin ! DE>
Date:       2005-03-31 18:50:42

Angelika Goeszler wrote:
> I got an instruction by Kaspersky, using 2 exim Daemons. It sees thtat
> those instructions are not working in our case since I need Cyrus Imap
> instead of local delivery.
>
> But when I write my own router, I get into a loop because I did not
> suceeded in finding a right formular for extracting the information,
> when the scan is done.
>
> Does anybody have a link to an example configuration or something like
> that?

The answer would be much easier if you describe what you want to do.

Scanning mails with Kaspersky AV (in this case the Fileserver edition) is
possible with the following ACL in Exim 4.50, assuming the avedaemon is
already running (probably the path /home/kaspersky/server/run/avesocket
needs to be adjusted):

[...]
acl_smtp_data = acl_check_data
av_scanner = aveserver:/home/kaspersky/server/run/avesocket
[...]
begin acl

acl_check_data:

    deny     message = This message contains malware ($malware_name)
             malware = *
             control = no_multiline_responses

    accept
[...]

It is not necessary to use more than one exim daemon and it is not
necessary to use the mailserver edition of Kaspersky AV (which includes
some sort of SMTP proxy as far as I know).

Heiko

Heiko Schlichting        | Freie Universität Berlin
heiko@FU-Berlin.DE       | Zentraleinrichtung für Datenverarbeitung (ZEDAT)
Telefon +49 30 838-54327 | Fabeckstraße 32
Telefax +49 30 838454327 | 14195 Berlin