List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: [Exim] Hi all - Virtual Domains + Virtual Users + Authentication without Mysql
From:       Marc Haber <mh+exim-users () zugschlus ! de>
Date:       2004-01-31 9:28:30

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 09:39:42 -0800, Rossz Vamos-Wentworth
<rossz@vamos-wentworth.org> wrote:
> You should seriously consider upgrading.  Support for 3.x is extremely
> limited.  There's a "fat" version of exim 4.x available on the unstable
> or testing tree (I forget which) or you could compile your own version
> like I did.

Both unstable and testing have exim 4 packages, but it is recommended
to use Andreas' backports for woody. The versions from unstable and
testing have a truckload of dependencies on unstable and/or testing
libraries, and you won't want to install these on a woody system - the
result would be a system combining the disadvantages woody (being
outdated) and testing/unstable (being without security support from
Debian and having an increased bug risk).

Greetings
Marc