List:       exim-users
Subject:    RE: [Exim] Exiscan + ClamAV: Notifications?
From:       "Eli" <eli-list () experthost ! com>
Date:       2004-01-30 6:29:43

Actually, this could be entirely possible but not without a bit of work ;P

What would probably need to be done is to test for a virus as normal, but to
use exiscans fakeaccept thing (forget what it is called exactly).  This will
make the person think the message was rejected (like you want!), but
continue processing through the stages.

You would also set an $acl_c variable to signify that a virus was detected.
Have just *one* router/transport handle such cases - and make it use the
autoreply transport driver.  You could then set the To: header to go to any
address you wished (even include the original offending message) for a
notice.

No idea if this would really work - just thought it up now and figured I'd
share the thought.

Eli.