List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: [Exim] verisgn revisited
From:       Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh () starjuice ! net>
Date:       2003-11-28 11:21:23

On (2003/11/28 09:34), Thomas Kinghorn wrote:

> I have found an MACRO & acl statement which supposedly fixes
> the issue with the wildcard 64. IP address.
>
> The definition can be found at:
>
> http://www.giantrobot.co.nz/~jnt/stardotnet.html
>
> Just wondering if anyone has used the condition & how to test it.

That's overkill.

Since I already ignore target hosts in a file that lists known
unroutable networks, network addresses and broadcast addresses, I just
include wildcarded host addresses in that file:

-- In Exim configure file:
lookuphost:
  driver = dnslookup
  domains = ! +local_domains
  ignore_target_hosts = /usr/local/etc/exim/unroutable-nets
  transport = remote_smtp
  no_more

-- In unroutable-nets file:
# List of hosts and/or networks which are known to be unroutable and to
# which it therefore does not make sense to attempt SMTP deliveries.
#
# WARNING!  Don't just deploy this without consideration.
#
# You may be using some of these (e.g. 10.0.0.0/8) for private networks,
# in which case you'll want to remove them from the list and just
# include the network and broadcast addresses (e.g. 10.0.0.0/32 and
# 10.0.0.255/32).
#
0.0.0.0/8
10.0.0.0/8
127.0.0.0/8
169.254.0.0/16
172.16.0.0/12
192.0.2.0/24
192.168.0.0/16
204.152.64.0/23
224.0.0.0/3
#
# Nonexistent domain hijacking registrars
#
64.55.105.9/32          # NU A
64.94.110.11/32         # COM A
64.94.110.11/32         # NET A