List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: [Exim] DBMail+Exim
From:       Kirill Miazine <km-lists () krot ! org>
Date:       2003-11-27 20:08:04

* Bill Hacker [2003-11-28 03:51]:

> Most DBMail docs are for use with Sendmail, Qmail, or Postfix.
>
> I have searched the archives on both Exim and DBMail lists, back to
> April, see only a few folks (on DBMail list) have discussed this
> combination, and perhaps even fewer had tried it.
>
> Is anyone here using the Exim+DBmail now?
>
> ... and willing to share their setup for both Exim and DBMail?

This summer (2003-06-24) I was contacted by a guy who needed help with
Exim and dbmail. Here is the router and the transport I found in my Sent
folder (I neither use dbmail myself nor do I remember anything of what I
have learnt half a year ago). Both need some tweaks obviously (i.e.
checking whether the local part does exists), but the setup worked:

    dbmail:
        driver = accept
        domains = example.com
        transport = dbmail_delivery

    dbmail_delivery:
        driver = pipe
        command = /local/dbmail/dbmail-smtp -d ${pipe_addresses}
        check_string =
        escape_string =
        message_prefix =
        message_suffix =
        user = nobody
        group = nobody

--

  Er en viljeserklæring forvansket ved feiltelegrafering, blir den, som har
 avgit den, ikke bundet ved erklæringen i den skikkelse, den er kommet frem.