List:       exim-users
Subject:    [Exim] Problem with Envelope-To processing?!
From:       Karl Vogel <karl.vogel () seagha ! com>
Date:       2002-04-11 7:31:34

I was wondering if there is a bug with the way exim V3.21+ handles the
Envelope-To
adding?

We run a setup where we route all mail for 1 domain to POP accounts.
However, if we
send mail to:

	To: xxx@popdomain.com
	Cc: yyy@popdomain.com
	Bcc: zzz@popdomain.com

The mail is correctly routed to the POP account, BUT the Envelope-To: header
only
contains the 'zzz@popdomain.com' address. I'm almost positive that in older
versions,
this worked correctly (ie. all the 3 accounts in the Envelope-To header).

Looking through the ChangeLog I notice that in V3.21 there was a change
related to
this functionality:

=== From the Changelog

7. When an Envelope-To: header was added to a delivery, more than one
instance
of the same envelope address could appear if there were discarded duplicates
that had the same original address. In other cases, different originals
might
not appear when they should.

======================

Here is the configuration we are using for the POP routing:

# Directory

virtual_domain:
 driver = smartuser
 domains = lsearch;/etc/exim/virtdomain
 new_address = ${lookup {$domain} lsearch {/etc/exim/virtdomain}
{$value@pop}}

> > This changes the address to look like  'popbox@POP'

# Router

pop_router:
  driver = domainlist
  route_file = /etc/exim/pop
  search_type = lsearch
  transport = remote_pop

> > This artificially routes all @POP mail to another server (the POP server)

# Transport

remote_pop:
  driver = smtp
  envelope_to_add

> > This transports the mail to the POP server and adds the Envelope-To
> > so that the mailserver of the client can correctly deliver the mail

Am I doing something wrong, or is Exim at fault?!

Rgrds,

Karl Vogel