List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: [Exim] filtering by transport?
From:       bhoc () pentagroup ! ch
Date:       2001-10-31 20:59:17

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001 Philip Hazel wrote:

> If you want per-recipient filtering (which is essentially what this is,
> because one message may have both internal and external recipients) you
> need to set up per-recipient filtering. See section 47.3 of the manual.

Well, not quite - the messages come pre-sorted by the 'main' mailer within
the company. That mailer sends it to exim (which sits inside the firewall)
for final distribution. So, from the inside, only mail for external
recipients is processed. This kind of mail should pass unfiltered. But
mail whose target domain is @my.customer.org (which for above reasons is
coming from outside) should be processed. No inside-client MUA directly
deals with exim - that is forbidden by firewall rules.
By looking at what 'the net' offers as filtering examples, I see the
easiest is to plac a section like

if "my.customer.org:customer.org" contains $sender_address_domain then
   finish
endif

near the top of the filter script.
This seems to be the easiest way.