List:       evolution
Subject:    Re: [Evolution] Trying very hard to like Evolution!
From:       Andre Klapper via evolution-list <evolution-list () gnome ! org>
Date:       2022-02-22 16:26:04

Hi,

On Tue, 2022-02-22 at 11:57 -0400, DivSmart - General Mail via
evolution-list wrote:
> I have been reading everything I can find on Evolution (mail, that is
> ;), even some old YouTubes, but so far they don't answer my questions.
>
> 1. Setting up accounts. Coming from Thunderbird where you can easily
> edit and link your aliases to signatures. It does not seem to be so
> straightforward in Evolution. I have followed this limited
> documentation, or am I missing more detailed documenation?
> https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/mail-account-manage-imap-plus.html
>
> I have mutiple identities with their associated signature files.
> Obviously, I do not want to expose the real email address, so I set the
> alias as default. When composing an email and I select a different
> alias, should I have to choose the signature each time?
>
> 2. Is there a way to edit signatures? I only see add in the UI, so can
> it be edited in configuration files?

They are in folder ~/.config/evolution/signatures
per: Help 🡒 Contents 🡒 Common Other Questions and Problems 🡒 Data
storage locations

> 3. How to reorder or drag mailboxes in sidebar. I want most used
> accounts at the top of the sidebar.

See: Help 🡒 Contents 🡒 Mail Management 🡒 Sorting and organizing mail
🡒 Sorting the mail folder list

> How to increase font size in sidebar of accounts?

See one of the recent posts on this list:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2022-February/msg00055.html

Cheers,
andre

--