List:       evolution
Subject:    Re: [Evolution] Phishing [was Re:  Suppressing Tool Tips]
From:       Patrick O'Callaghan <poc () usb ! ve>
Date:       2021-04-11 12:28:16

On Sun, 2021-04-11 at 10:53 +0100, Mark Stanton wrote:
> On Sat, 2021-04-10 at 14:17 -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> > I recently received the following two messages
> > from tom@prost-net.de addressed to me directly and not via the
> > list. My
> > mail filter put them into my evolution folder and, on finding them
> > there, I unwisely read them.  It appears that someone is using the
> > list
> > to get addresses for phishing.  Be forewarned!
> >

> That's interesting. I, too, got those. Fortunately I didn't reply.

The owner of tom@prost-net.de notified the moderators a few days ago
and the address was blocked from posting to the list, but as the
spammer has obviously harvested addresses from the list itself (not
difficult) there's nothing we can do to prevent them sending direct
mail.

Just be careful of mail ostensibly coming from that address.

poc