List:       evolution
Subject:    Re: [Evolution] Adding a new google account ignores manually set auth methods on imap/smtp
From:       Torsten Krah via evolution-list <evolution-list () gnome ! org>
Date:       2018-08-28 11:07:28

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Dienstag, den 28.08.2018, 11:22 +0200 schrieb Milan Crha via
evolution-list:
> On Tue, 2018-08-28 at 10:51 +0200, Torsten Krah wrote:
> > I did not check both boxes, they were unchecked - deleted the
> > account
> > and created it again.
> > They were not checked but still it was again on OAuth2 - sounds
> > like
> > a bug, do you agree?
>
> 	Hi,
> just to not have any misunderstanding on my side:
> a) File->New->Mail Account
> b) fill user@gmail.com as the email address
> c) keep the "Look up for settings based on the email domain" checked
> d) click the Next button, which does the lookup and then moves
> directly
>    to the Summary page, where the info about the account is shown,
>    the same as the checks for contacts and calendar parts, both
> unchecked

here i did:

go previous two times and changed OAuth2 to plain text for both imapx
and smpts.
then i click finish.

> e) then you keep all as is, maybe rename the account, and click
> Finish.
>
> Is that correct? If so, then it's expected behaviour, the automatic
> setup also prefers OAuth2. You can, instead of clicking Finish, click
> Previous and change whatever you want in the preconfigured settings.

That is what i did and it did not preserve those settings.

> If
> these changes do not stick, when you left the check boxes for
> contacts
> and calendar unchecked, then yes, it can be considered a bug.

Yes they did not persist in that dialog even for unchecked contacts /
calendar boxes.

> I may sound tough above, but there is no offense meant. You do not
> have
> much influence on the distribution's packager will to follow recent
> upstream fixes and releases, which is a pita, but it is as it is.

Nevermind, i did not take it in any way as offensive or rude, its tough
i know and i second that its a pita that it sometimes takes ages for
the packagers, but i don't complain here or blame anyone, i guess most
of them and myself are working on such stuff in our free time - so we
need to take it as it is ;)

> 	Bye,
> 	Milan

Cheers

Torsten
["smime.p7s" (application/x-pkcs7-signature)]