List:       evolution
Subject:    Re: [Evolution] evolution-list Digest, Vol 156, Issue 61
From:       Patrick O'Callaghan <poc () usb ! ve>
Date:       2018-07-27 12:03:35

On Thu, 2018-07-26 at 21:16 -0400, C. Andrews Lavarre wrote:
> On Thu, 2018-07-26 at 12:00 +0000, evolution-list-request@gnome.org
> wrote:
>
> > evolution-data-server can save its passwords in a password storage
> > backend accessed via freedesktop.org's Secret Service API.
>
> Thank you.
>
> > What stops you from using that?
>
> Not knowing about it.
>
> :-) Which is why I'm here...
>
> Do you have any links handy? I can spend some time googling but
> an assist would be appreciated.

Please (PLEASE!) do NOT reply to digest messages. There is no
connection between this reply and the original thread it should be a
part of, making it difficult to trace the conversation and understand
what's going on.

Once again:

Digests are a creaking, outdated kludge that come from the days of UUCP
and dial-up modems. They have no place in a modern "always-on"
Internet, but for backward compatibility are still supported on some
lists, including this one. However that will only work if digest users
understand how to use them correctly. In particular, if you think you
NEED to use digests (you almost certainly don't), learn how to reply to
messages in a digest by right-clicking and selecting the Reply To
Digest option. This only works with MIME-formatted digests, but that
includes the Evolution list.

Note that just re-editing the Subject line and doing a normal Reply
doesn't work, as it still loses the header thread references.

poc