List:       evolution
Subject:    Re: [Evolution] Saving Email Messages to Disk Automatically
From:       Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam () whitemice ! org>
Date:       2015-05-22 1:18:14

On Fri, 2015-05-22 at 02:45 +0200, =C1ngel Gonz=E1lez wrote:
> > So I'm having some trouble saving email message to disk. If I move
> > them to the "On this Computer" folder they appear in the .local =

> > folder as text documents but otherwise I cannot access them on di
> > as far as I can find. I'm trying to construct a process that saves =

> > the emails to disk automatically so I can run a program on them at =

> > intervals and save the data into a PostgreSQL database. Is there =

> > anyway to automatically move the emails from my email address to =

> > the =

> > computer or a simpler avenue to do what I want?
> evolution isn't the best suited tool for that.
> If you want to automatically download the contents of a mailbox for
> automatically processing them, I would use a program like fetchmail =

> or
> mpop (you should configure them to pipe into the script, instead of
> using a pre-existing mailbox format like Maildir or mbox).

I think fetchmail is also the wrong tool for this job.  I would
recommend using the imaplib Python module to connect to the mail server
and retrieve the message and process them into your database.   This
make synchronization straight forward and efficient - you can use the mailb=
oxes UID as an anchor and easily process new messages, and just =

get the
parts of the message from the server that you want.