List:       evolution
Subject:    Re: [Evolution] Left-click in text field grabs window to move
From:       Ángel_González <angel () 16bits ! net>
Date:       2015-03-29 22:58:33

Emilio Recio wrote:
> It seems to happen on many applications that rely on GTK. Thunderbird
> does it from the tab bar, firefox doesn't do it anymore. It's especially
> annoying in Eclipse (I have an expanded window, go and click on a
> toolbar button, if I miss and click the blank part of the menu bar, it
> picks the window up and un-maximizes it.) I am not sure why firefox
> doesn't do it, but I imagine the point/click/drag is being subclassed
> for other purposes.

Firefox paints its own controls, it doesn't use gtk ones.

Florian, I can't reproduce the behavior you describe. Left-click on the
email composing textarea doesn't move it*. You don't specify your
evolution version, from the other components, I guess that's 3.12.11 ?

* (unless also pressing the Alt key)