List:       evolution
Subject:    Re: [Evolution] Evolution not starting (SanthanaKrishnan)
From:       Patrick O'Callaghan <poc () usb ! ve>
Date:       2015-01-14 17:20:26

On Wed, 2015-01-14 at 13:38 +0000, Tom Davies wrote:
> Hi :)

[Please don't top-post on the list]

> I think it can be upgraded but to do that you would probably need to
> download Evo from the official website.

Evo is in synch with the version of Gnome, so updating to a radically
different version (e.g. 3.2.x to 3.12.x) it is not as easy as with other
apps. Possible, but definitely not easy.

> I'm not sure if it's available as a .deb for easy install so you might
> have to download the source-code and build it.  The upside to that is
> that it would be tailored to your machine and so it would probably be
> quite a bit faster.

I would seriously doubt that, given that the user is presumably not an
expert and Evo is already optimized for the Gnome environment.

poc