List:       evolution
Subject:    Re: [Evolution] Evolution fails to sort -- puts everything into Junk file.
From:       William Case <billlinux () rogers ! com>
Date:       2012-04-26 7:26:55

On Wed, 2012-04-25 at 23:28 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-04-25 at 20:19 -0400, William Case wrote:

> > > You haven't said which junk filter you're using, which would be useful
> > > to know if anyone wants to help.
> > >
> > > It's also possible the filter's own database is borked in some way. You
> > > can test Bogofilter from the Shell (just feed it a known ham and known
> > > spam and see what it does). I assume SpamAssassin also allows this.
> > >
> >  You are right. I should have mentioned it is Bogofilter.  Evolution
> > found bogofilter on its own.  I unchecked everything on the Junk page.
> > I don't remember what I had checked.  Fedora 16 was a virgin install.
> > As best as I can tell I would have checked all categories on the junk
> > page at installation.
>
> If this is a new BF install, it's essential to prime it with a set of
> spam and ham messages, say 50-100 of each. The manual tells you how.
>
> poc

This is not a new bogofilter install.  I installed the bogofilter plugin
when I installed Fedora 16 three or four months ago.  I had backed up my
Evolution data before installation.  It was working fine until a few
days to a week ago.  In any case I have unchecked every thing in the
junk preferences sheet.  It seems to be sorting perfectly.  Will wait a
bit to see what to do next.

Will check for ham and spam.

--
Regards Bill